Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Week One Summary

Let me just start by saying, this blog will be more humorous and less serious than my other which you can check out here. I thought I would do what every good American does, start a blog that nobody reads, just to get my thoughts and observations out there about what's happening in my new Jerusalem life.

In one week I have come to the perhaps premature conclusion that Israel is in fact a third world country, not in a disparaging way, just a fact.

Mail doesn't arrive, internet doesnt work, hot water sometimes is on the fritz, no building projects are seemingly ever completed, traffic patterns don't make sense, adorable cats roam the streets, and more.

Please don't get me wrong, I love Israel. And I'm not even saying that these are bad things, or that they're only seemingly "bad" because of what Americans are accustomed to having in their lives. Just an observation.

So this will be a place for humorous musings, observations, stories, and more regular updates. As I said above, the more serious stuff can be found over at Tussling with Tfillah.

L'hit.

No comments: