Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Monumental Days

No, not the upcoming holidays.

It's hard for me to believe that I've been in Israel for nearly five weeks, well more than the sum of the days of previous trips combined. Having lived in the German Colony and now in Katamon, I encounter Americans on a fairly regular basis. We trade the usual pleasantries, and try to figure out who might be mutual acquaintences, a game commonly referred to as "Jewish Geography." Up until now, the are usually in the country for just a couple of weeks. Knowing that I'm here for much longer still hasn't hit me entirely. It's a wonderful feeling to know that I get to experience Israel at its fullest, and I don't have encounter the sadness of leaving Israel anytime soon.

Today was our second day of classes at Pardes, looking forward to sharing more about those experiences with you.

Hebrew phrase of the day:
Hamazgan lo oved. The air-conditioning is not working.

No comments: